Our Technology Curriculum is designed to promote technological and information literacy as well as critical thinking, problem-solving and decision–making skills.
Technology is integrated throughout all the curriculum areas to enhance learning by providing the tools to generate, obtain, manipulate and display information. This is made possible through the vast technology resources available to students and faculty. These resources include a Smart board in every classroom, a Smart table in the preschool classes, iPads, a new 30-laptop mobile technology lab, and individual Chromebooks for every middle school student. In addition to the integrative process, all students receive targeted weekly instruction in the technology lab or in class, which ranges from simple keyboarding, creating Word documents and PowerPoint presentations to intricate projects, including video productions, newsletters, and architectural designs. These and other projects couple technology skills with literacy, the arts, and STEM. In addition, our advanced technology implementation allows the school to use the “flipped classroom” approach to provide distance learning on snow days and other emergency closings.
Some of the highlights of St Cassian School’s Technology program include:
- A state of the art Technology Lab
- One to One Chrome Book deployment in the Middle School- Every student is given their own device/laptop
- One to One deployment ofipads equipped with numerous applications for academic subject integration for our Prek and Elementary students
- SmartTable Technology in the Preschool
- A SmartBoard in every classroom
- Classroom Technology Centers
- Application of a Technology Integration Curriculum that meets all the Arch Diocese of Newark guidelines and exceeds the NJ Department of Education Common Core Standards